Gone are the days when you’d just go to a different city and spend a few days in the room with loads of privacy. Where you would spend time just with your spouse alone or maybe go with a tour guide who will show you the basic sightseeing places around. Now is the time, to break the odds, and plan a honeymoon trip that will be a memorable one!
1. A tour guide? No ways! : You will have months to plan your honeymoon. Choose your destination, ask your friends if they’ve been there, take tips, research online and find out places where you would want to go, check reviews from other tourists that are available online. You can pick and choose the places you want to go and places you don’t mind giving a miss. Carry a map along and interact with the local people and make new friends too!
2. A cheat trick: Hmm! Here’s a helpful tip, there are pre-existing packages available online with tour operators. Get details from them about the important sightseeing places and based on that check tourist reviews and then customise your trip on your own. Make your own itinerary.
3. Tickets: Be on the lookout for a festive season SALE! Book your tickets! even if it’s like 6 months in advance. There are various websites which allow you to make only a part payment while booking and you pay the balance while you check-in; you can also check with the airline website directly if they have any in-app or website discounts. That way you will end up saving a lot of bucks and you can spend this on a 5 star hotel stay or some shopping during your trip!
4. Explore the destination: Without a tour guide or a group, you do not have to wake at a particular time, that’s the best part. You can go wherever you want, take a map, walk down the streets, take a local bus or hire a cab. It’s all up to you two! And you wouldn’t have to deal with sneaky couples like in a group tour. Don’t forget to take your selfie sticks though!
10. Make your last day and night special: Check-in to the best hotel with the best view in the city, watch the sunrise, order breakfast in bed, watch the sunset, get dressed and fine dine at the best restaurant. Make the last one the best one!
Most importantly, disconnect from the world. Keep your phones aside, your honeymoon is the only time where you will be free and you will have all the time in the world! Take your camera out and click loads of pictures.Try out these ideas and make your honeymoon the most memorable, amazing and a fun-filled one!
*we do not own any images