Your wedding day is the most special day of your life. Don’t spend all of it standing around, accepting the gifts, and smiling for the lens. Take this opportunity to break the dance floor. If you ever wanted to set the dance floor on fire with your thumkas and matkas, then there will never be a better opportunity in your life. So, is it going to be a choreographed sequence or are you going freestyle? Kaala Chashma or Single Ladies? Whatever it is going to be, here are some ideas to make your wedding the next social media sensation.
Here are 5 ways to do so:
1. Couple Statement : The day is about you, so planning a killer dance performance with you two in it is probably the most obvious thing to do. So, where’s the social media masala? Well, how about dancing to something like ‘I Like Big Butts’. It’s controversial, and if this doesn’t rock your social media and everyone on it, we don’t know what will.
2. Flash Mob: You have seen it happen on the roads; you have seen it happen in the malls; you have also seen them happen on college campuses. Now, a flash mob at your wedding? That’s genuinely awesome.
Break into a dance with your entourage in the middle of an unassuming wedding function. Bold, much? We are just getting started.
Make a late entry to the performance because no one would expect a coy bride to jump in a flash mob in her full wedding attire. Leave out a few friends, who can go live on Facebook and post this crazy extravaganza as it unfolds.
A wedding day flash mob? Tell us you don’t want to watch one right now.
3. Let Your Parent In : There is nothing cuter than a father partnering with his daughter or a mother shaking a leg with her son on their big day. They are just happy and dancing the night away is their way of spreading the joy. They might be a little nervous, but don’t let them cave. Your social followers will be rendered helpless by the cuteness overload. They will share and like your video until it the entire planet is made privy to your wedding dance.
4. The Kid Brigade: How about a kids dance party? Radha on the dance floor with so many small gopis is an adorable sight. The entire social media will swoon over that performance. Forget social media. Even school and family events for the next few months will copy your style. Your wedding will send ripples across the society.
5. The Battle Of States : If you are one of those couples who crossed the state borders to find your love, then you know what would be a great idea?
A wedding dance-off!
Get your traditional garb on. Ask the elders for some traditional moves and bogey. You can have Bhangra vs Kuchipudi, Dandia vs Bharatnatyam, and what not. The stark differences between two different traditions melting into each other via your dance-off will become a message of love that will warm everyone’s heart. Who wouldn’t want to share something like that?
Your wedding dance is the most ‘you’ part of the wedding. There are no rules and no traditions. You make the rules. So, make them as funky as you are and witness the entire social media go crazy!
*we do not own any Videos/images