Butterflies in your tummy? Just not hungry? Want to hug your mommy and sit all day? Wedding jitters happen and when you are surrounded with your closest family and friends you just don’t feel like leaving all this so soon and on the other hand you just can’t wait to be with your love, enter a new family who will shower you with lots of love, the new neighbours and all the new friends you are going to make! Amidst all these dreams, suddenly your phone vibrates and you answer it – ‘Ma’am it’s your fitting session today, when will you be here?’ boooom! Back to reality and the last minute chaos with wedding preps. Here are some tips to keep in mind before your big day and enjoy the last few days totally.
1 Trousseau Shopping : You need to begin your trousseau shopping the day your wedding date is fixed! Get your tailor appointments done well in advance to avoid alterations and hassles of trying your fittings at the last minute. Too much confusion and frustration will just end up spoiling your day before the wedding.
2 Casual Shopping :Your trousseau shouldn’t consist only of heavy sarees and anarkali dresses. Fill in a few casual and lightweight outfits too which you can wear to a family party and functions.
3. Honeymoon Packing: Your trousseau suitcase and your honeymoon bag need to be packed and ready atleast a month before your wedding.
4. Call Your BFF: Your BFF’s your life saver! You have to have her around for almost everything. The minutest of details can be managed by her. Need something done urgently, you know whom to look for.
5. Time to Taste : Organise tasting sessions with your caterers well in advance. This will save you from the horror of having dishes cooked up with weird names and taste. You wouldn’t want surprise platters served on your big day.
6. Stay Light & Diet : Watch your diet. Avoid having foods that’ll make you bloat; canned and packed foods, ready to eat and fried foods, soda, sweets, pulses will be best avoided. Wedding preparations stress you out so you need a diet that includes fruits, juices, light bites and simple dal khichdi. This will help you stay fresh and light on your wedding day and throughout the preparations.
7. Do not Panic : Last minute vendor goof-ups happen, do not panic. Always keep a backup vendor and share the contact details with your bestie or your brother who can take responsibility and manage the show if any issue crops up.
8. Save the date invite : Save the date invites are a must. Sending out the announcements a good 3-4 months prior to your wedding date helps in listing down your guest list and sorting out the rsvp’s in advance. So your guests will have enough time to plan their schedule and make necessary bookings too.
9. Buy your accessories : Avoid rushing into buying your accessories even before your outfit is ready. The look on your wedding day has to be flawless. Once your outfit is ready you can go ahead and purchase all the jewellery, head bands and kamarpattas that’ll add the extra oomph to your look!
10. Relax : Get a package for you and your mom at a good spa. The two of you need to relax and spend some quality time together too! There are various packages available where in you can get a full body massage, polishing and treatments.
Share with us more points that you think is necessary for all the brides-to-be! Get stressed and then relax, it’s going to be a like a never ending thing till your wedding. But if you take care of these little things it will help you in taking less load and enjoy the process to the wedding! Cheers! Stay happy, Stay Married!
*we do not own any images